Sunday, 20 September 2009

Tiramisu Italian Trifle Cupcakes,my favourite



This cupcake uses the chocolate cupcake recipe
The basic chocolate cupcake recipe I use is this;
Ingredients
1 stick--1/2 cup--4 oz--112gm unsalted butter
1 cup--4 oz--112gm Castor sugar(this finer than our granulated)
1 cup--4 oz--112gm self-raising flour( this has a raising agent already in it)
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder-I use Green and Blacks 70% cocoa organic
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
2 eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence or 1 fresh vanilla pod


Method
Put the butter into a bowl with the sugar and cream together with a wooden spoon or a mixer on a middle speed.
Add 1 egg and mix in
Add the second egg and mix in
Add the flour, baking powder and cocoa. I weigh these out first and then add to the mixture by sieving them through a large metal sieve so air gets in and the ingredients are mixed.
Mix together gently and add the vanilla essence.
Divide the mixture into cupcake cases and fill about 2/3 full.
This makes about 12 in muffin size cases as seen below.
I cook these at 175C--350F--gas 4 for 15 to 20 minutes in the middle to top of the oven.
I find that the higher they are in the oven the higher they rise up.
If nearer the middle the cupcakes are flatter.
Just experiment with positions in your oven. Mine is gas so the temperature varies.


Filling
I cut out a cone from each cupcake with a sharp knife.
Coffee and Sherry Mixture
I make some coffee and sherry mixture to go on the base sponge of each cupcake.
In a bowl place one teaspoon of sherry for each cupcake you are making.
Add to this one teaspoon of instant coffee for every 10 teaspoons of sherry. Add more or less according to your taste.
Drizzle one teaspoon of the coffee and sherry mixture into the base of each cupcake.


Marscapone Filling
Take a carton of marscapone cream cheese and put it into a bowl. I mix it with a fork to get it to a creamy consistency. Add a teaspoon of sherry and mix in. Add some fine sugar according to taste.
Place a spoonful of the marscapone into each cupcake.
Put the top on each cupcake.
Put a swirl of marscapone on the top of each cupcake
Top off each cupcake with a cherry, raspberry, strawberry or a slice of fresh orange.
Grate over some very dark chocolate
These are very rich and delicious if you like the coffee and marscapone combination. I love the texture of the cheese.


Thanks for reading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

fariza yunus Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice